Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Things To Do

1. Passport

- I got my passport before I even applied to study abroad (anxious, yes i know).


2. Visa


- Still in the process of getting this bad boy. Just yesterday I got my official acceptance letter from DCU (which was necessary in order to apply for my visa). So with that finally here, I will get on that tonight and tomorrow.

3. Housing


- Still undecided whether or not I want to live on or off campus. Both seem to have their perks. I have, however, applied to a total of four different places in Dublin. I should find out in July which ones accepted me.

4. Plane ticket


- Just bought it today!!! (THANKS DAD!) After receiving more information from DCU, I finally have the dates that I had been waiting for. I am going to by flying out of San Francisco Friday, September 19th and arriving in Dublin on Saturday, September 20th. My dad had graciously offered to buy my plane ticket for me. He wanted to buy it a few months ago because the prices were so cheap, but I wasn't sure about the dates. Luckily, the prices went down even more. My one-way nonstop flight to Dublin is only $209!! It's amazing! Any help is much appreciated, as I will be coming back to the States in a year with absolutely no money :/ So thank you so much Dad for buying that ticket!!!! :)

5. Insurance

- Once again, tonight and tomorrow will be my productive days. There is a specific insurance that we have to get, that mainly covers death or serious injury. Apparantely if I died in Ireland, it would cost about $40,000 to fly my body back. Ridiculous, eh?! The insurance is pretty cheap, about $10 a week.

6. Packing


- I'm sure I will post an entirely separate section explaining how exhausting/exciting this was. This will come a few weeks prior to departure. And hopefully when I am in Ireland, I won't be blogging about how I forgot things. I need to buy a couple suitcases (as I am not just vacationing, I will be living there for an entire year) and the things that I do not bring I should probably just get rid of. Something that I won't need in the next year, I probably won't ever need. There will be some major down-sizing of my closet, which is probably a good thing.


Photobucket


(a picture taken in Cork, Ireland - stole from a friend who was there over Spring Break :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't even believe how cheap the airfare is. Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete