Monday, January 4, 2010

Sevilla, Spain

My third and final week was spent in Seville with Angela and her family. The city was one of the most amazing ones I've seen and I had so much fun!







This is a typical Spanish house. Almost all have balconies and are similar colors.



The streets in Seville are very narrow... sometimes you can walk through them and touch both sides at once.





The Cathedral at night... such an amazing site!



The Castle - it was huge inside and my favorite part was the gardens. There are these horse carriages everywhere instead of taxis, so cool!






This day we took bikes all around the city. We got them in the afternoon and rode until the evening. It was really fun and a good way to see the Seville!



On New Years Eve we had a huge dinner with the family before going to a pub for the rest of the night. In Spain, everyone eats grapes in the last 12 seconds of the year. If you finish all 12 grapes in 12 seconds, you are expected to have good luck for the new year. It is really difficult and most people don't finish on time... but I did!







The Cathedral in Seville is the largest Gothic Cathedral in the world. We went inside and spent a few hours looking at all the different rooms. It was amazing! The rooms were all so differnet, in one of them I saw Christopher Columbus' casket. We climbed the top of the tower where we saw amazing views of the city. This is just one of them:





One of my favorite things about Seville is that there are orange trees EVERYWHERE!



I thought that everyone was gathered around here for some special occasion, but it is like this every day around lunch time. We had lunch with tinto de verano (my new favorite drink - wine and lemon fanta yummm!) here



On my last day, we went to Orsuna which is an hour drive from Seville to see our friend Belen (who goes to DCU as well).


5 comments:

  1. Oooh I just got it - 12 grapes for 12 months! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your resume!!!just one correction...Belen´s town is called OSUNA!!all the pictures are beautiful!!Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Your photos are inspirational. I'm going to Sevilla in March and this got me really excited for the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog! I'm a California girl in London, so can relate to the expat experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't belive you say NOTHING about me on this post! :O

    BIG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh!!! :p

    ReplyDelete