Sunday, September 27, 2009

My first Friday night!

I decided to throw a party Friday night before we went out at my apartment here on campus. After that, we went to the Ceili (pronounced caley) - which is a traditional Irish dance along with music. We actually got to dance, which was very entertaining when attempting it buzzed... as it is a hard dance anyways. It was a lot of fun! Then we went out to Temple bar in the city... and it was AMAZING! We ended up getting home at 3 am after we were sitting in the last bar with the doors locked. I was insisting that we find a traditional Irish band at whatever pub we went to. We didn't have too hard of a time finding one, but by the time we got there they were on their last song. A while later the band was just drinking with everyone else and I approached them and they decided since I missed the show they would play for me! It was awesome! They played the Irish pipes... which is an instrument that sounds very Irishy (if that is a word). They pump air underneath their armpit and then use their fingers like a flute.

All the buses are have two stories

Photobucket

the first of many guinnesses! - look at all the whiskey in the bar, I believe there were over 100 kinds!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

temple bar was packed!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment