Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hiking Powerscourt & Maulin

Hmmm... how to explain this hike?! It was amazing, hilarious and horrible all at once! The weather was really bad. We hiked for about 3 hours, once again climbing steep hills and rocks. It rained a good portion of the hike, but that wasn't too bad. I battled the strongest wind that I have ever experienced in my life. When we got to the top of the mountain the wind was unreal. People were falling everywhere. No joke, the wind literally blew people over, myself included (only once). It was so cold, wet and windy that all we could do was laugh. We were miserable and at the top of the mountain, hours away from where we started. The plan all along was to eat lunch up there, so we ate according to the plan. But bread slices, crackers and random food was flying everywhere. It was like a mini-hurricane up there. We thought it would be interesting to jump in the wind, so we did and landed a good 5 feet further. We felt like we were flying, it was pretty cool. The beginning of the steep hike back was horrible or hilarious, depending on how you want to look at it :) EVERY, and I mean EVERY couple of minutes someone fell. It was so slippery and I think every person fell at least once. All you can do is laugh at the entire experience because I have never seen so many people fall in such a short amount of time. When I wasn't laying on the ground, I was able to enjoy the beautiful scenery and capture some pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think our facial expressions here can tell you a bit about the wind we were experiencing!

Photobucket

Look closely, there's a rainbow!

Photobucket

Photobucket


My first attempt at a video, hoping this works! (watch the girl in the black clothes and white beanie in the middle of the screen, she falls. Also turn up your volume to hear the effects of that wind!)

No comments:

Post a Comment