Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year I am spending my very first Thanksgiving away from home. I am a bit jealous of how much fun my family is going to be having and all the good food I'll be missing! I decided to have a traditional Irish Thanksgiving/Thursday night = a night spent at the pubs.

Photobucket

I am thankful for so much. Moving to Ireland was a dream of mine and at times I still can't believe that I am really here! I am so lucky to have the opportunity to do such an amazing thing. At times I actually forget I am in another country. Then I sit back and think to myself, "Omg, I am really here."

I am also very thankful my wonderful family, who support me with every decision I make. They are so enthusiastic and supportive of everything I do and I can't thank them enough for that. Having a great support system makes life so much easier!

It was only yesterday that I checked my mail to receive a package from my parents, a letter from my sister and a card from some family friends. They don't give me the chance to ever get homesick because they are constantly spoiling me with all kinds of stuff!

Finally, I feel I am truly blessed with all my experiences I've had while overseas. I have met some amazing people and made friends that I know I will have for the rest of my life. I was able to adapt to the culture quickly and I feel so at home here.

This Thanksgiving gives me a lot to be thankful for, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh look at that angle! Lisa taught you that didn't she? ;) You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete