Saturday, May 1, 2010

American change

Lisa came back from the launderette with some American change she found in one of the machines. It was a quarter and a nickel. When she first handed it to me, I told her that it wasn't American coins. Then I looked closer and in fact she was right and I was wrong. I just haven't seen that currency in so long that I didn't recognize it! The quarter is similar size to the two-euro coin here, and it is so LIGHT compared to that coin! I couldn't believe it... The whole thing made me remember around Christmas when I received a 20 dollar bill with a Christmas card. At first I thought it may be a joke and 'fake money' because it seemed to be a weird size. Yet again I was wrong. It's going to be weird going back and getting used to the currency in America. It's so different here because I LOVE when I have change, as a few coins can be a substantial amount of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment