Sunday, October 18, 2009

I haven't really traveled in the past week, but it has been a great one! I am loving Dublin more and more every day.

This week I turned in my first paper for my feature writing class. I was proud of my lack of procrastination (something I ALWAYS do). My goal is to finish my assignments early, that way I won't stress & can enjoy myself. Then again, I always say that and it never seems to happen.

MONDAY - I went to a dance class because my roommates convinved me to. It was hip hop and we learned a choreographed dance. I looked awkward to say the least. I love going to clubs and dancing, but choreographed shit is not my thing. It was fun and good for a laugh, but I tried to surround myself with other people that looked just as foolish! :) As I was leaving I saw the volleyball team practicing and couldn't help but go down and ask if I could play with them. And just like that I'm now on the volleyball team!

TUESDAY - I think Tuesday was just an ordinary school day.

WEDNESDAY - I bought my tickets to Spain for Christmas!! December 15th - January 4th Gran Canaria, Tenerife, and Sevilla. I'm very lucky to have good friends that are letting me stay with them :) I also went to a club and had a blast!! Every time I go out I seem to have more and more fun! We went to Dices, a club that is like 4 stories, indoor/outdoor, and huuuge! We stood in the line to get in and to get a drink for almost a total of one hour! It was ridiculously crowded and we ended up going just across the street to D2, a club that I really enjoyed :) Luckily I happened to be standing next to the right guy in the queue and got in free because he knew the body guards.

THURSDAY - My TV debut! We were guests on a tv show "The Cafe," which is aired here in Dublin. It is like a mini TRL with guests and bands. One of my friends signed me up and we got picked to go! (THANKS LISA :) The band was The Caronas, and they were really good! Everyone was really excited because they're a big band here and I had no idea who they were so it didn't really phase me. Everyone knew the talk show host too and I felt completely clueless! The guests were famous comedian and a singer that was on the X Factor (just like American Idol - really popular!) It was definitely a fun time! We watched ourselves on tv on Friday. I saw almost everyone (or at least body parts), but I never saw myself!

FRIDAY - We rented movies from the library on campus (for free - what an amazing discovery!) and ate cookie dough. I love nights like that :)

SATURDAY - Lisa and I went to watch the Rugby game at a pub. I finally remembered what team we are rooting for, go Munster!!! I pretty much chatted the whole time and rarely watched the game, but it was fun! I had my first Irish coffee & am now in love with the drink. It is made with coffee, cream, and whiskey. You can't even taste the whiskey and the top layer is whipped cream. mmm... Then we went to Stephen's Green Shopping Centre to get some ideas for Halloween costumes.

In the evening I met up with a few people with intentions of going to Octoberfest. The line was ridiculously long so we just decided to go to a pub. It was sooo much fun and I probably drank one too many guinnesses. Before I knew it we were the last ones at the pub and it had closed. Time flies when you're having fun!

SUNDAY - Woke up and had a Fry (name for traditional Irish breakfast) made by a couple of Irish lads. Eggs, rashers, sausage, and black & white pudding. For those of you who don't know, black & white pudding is meat (tastes like sausage) and is made with fresh pig's blood. It was really good when I stopped thinking of what I was eating. I just looked up the recipe so you can see exactly what is in it:

1 quarter pint of fresh pig's blood
8 oz. bread cut into cubes
1 quarter pint of skimmed milk
1 lb. cooked barley
1 lb. fresh beef suet
8 oz. of fine oatmeal
1 tsp. salt
2 tsps. ground black pepper
2 tsp. dried mint

1 QUARTER PINT OF FRESH PIG'S BLOOD... YUM!!!

We also had a guest for two days... baby Sebastian! He is the happiest baby ever and we were so glad to have him!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Ugh that B&W pudding sounds sooo gross! I think the name "pudding" makes it sound even worse! If they called it "sausage mixture" it would be better.

    And you didn't tell me about the volleyball thing! Details please?

    ReplyDelete